Saturday, March 8, 2008

Peanut FINI!

Peanut is done. I finished just a few minutes ago and decided to go ahead and post. Do I absolutely love what I have created..........? There is a lot about the painting I like. I feel I have captured "Peanut", that sweet little face and expression. I'm happy with the "Tufted Titmouse" as well. I do feel, however, that I could do better on the foreground and especially the small tree branches and leaves. Overall, I am pleased with the results. I would be interested in your comments. I find that most of us (artists) are very critical of our own work. I have been painting for more than 20 years and I always feel my work can be improved upon. Maybe that is how it should be.........that burning desire to continue to grow and explore new techniques and subject matter. I have also spent most of those 20 years as a decorative artist. I painted murals and decorated furniture and home accessory items. I want more now----I want to paint with more realism.......I want something I can't quite put into words..... as of yet. Hopefully, I will at least know when I achieve it! I know painting makes me happy, so I'll pick up my brush once more and try a new subject, a new technique, a new way of thinking.

No comments: