Sunday, March 9, 2008

New Project: Boston Terrier



The original photo is below the sketch. I know I cut the ears off in this photo, but I really liked the expression and I have other reference photos for the ears. I paint much better than I sketch, I just try to capture the general expression and shapes. I have a special place in my heart for Bostons. My great-grandfather owned a Boston Terrier named Suzie. She and I became grand friends! She was my playmate, my protector, and my dinner companion. I would sit on the front stoop and whatever I was eating, I shared with Suz. I'd take a bite and then she'd take a bite. Drove my grandparents nuts! So, although this isn't my Suzie (shes been gone for years now) I'll paint this little guy in her memory. I love ya, Suzie-Q and I know someday we will be together again----sit'in on the stoop.......




No comments: