Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Boston is finally done!

Finally done with my Boston Terrier. I was all set to post this on my web site and offer it for sale, but something happened to change my mind. A few days ago the owner of the Boston Terrier had an opportunity to see the portrait. He just couldn't say enough about how wonderful it was and even wiped a tear away from his eye. He said he wished his wife could see it. I told him, anytime she wanted to see it just let me know. It was then he informed me that his wife was in the hospital and not doing well. I was shocked, had no idea she had fallen ill. To make a long story short, I finished the portrait and gave it to him the next day. He wanted to pay for it, but I said no. I told him to take it to his wife and if it made her smile, that was payment enough for me. Later that same day, there was a knock at my door. It was my neighbor, standing there with a half dozen beautiful red roses for me!! He told me his wife absolutely loved the portrait and was very happy. He thanked me again. I was truly touched my the gift of the roses. I also feel such a warm, glow inside my heart. I did a good thing. No matter how much someone else would have paid for that portrait......they would have neither loved nor appreciated it the way those two do. That's what it is all about, isn't it?

No comments: