Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Two New Projects......

I know....been awhile since my last post.  The old truck painting I have been working on has just NOT been calling my name.  I'm happy with the truck, but hate the background.....so I'm shelving it for awhile until inspiration hits.  I spent the day yesterday working on two sketches for my next paintings.  The photos come from their owners and they graciously gave me permission to use them as reference.  So, without further ado........
This is Rylie.....owned by Rick and Paulette.  What can I say, I'm just totally in love with that sweet face and all that curly hair.  You can see her sketch below. 
Say "hello" to Sadie owned by Donna and Stu.  What a personality she has.....one hot motorcycle rid-in mama!  I would have liked to have put the motorcycle in the painting, but it would have had to have been a huge painting in order to get Sadie the size I wanted her.
Here is my sketch and Sadie also has her own blog.....Sadie Speaks.   
Stay tuned as I'll post my efforts on these paintings in the blogs to come!  Also, I am finally getting the hang of my new printer.  I will be making prints available for purchase in the not so very distant future!

3 comments:

Donna McNicol said...

You are SO amazing!!! I have to agree about Sadie's size and the size of the motorcycle. LOL!!

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

Beautiful likenesses!

Donna K said...

Sadie told me about your blog so now I have to follow and see how those sketches turn out. Pretty impressive...and how could you go wrong with such adorable models!