Sunday, February 20, 2011

Rylie and all those curls!

While it rained and thundered and hailed.....yes, hailed.....I was working away on sweet Rylie and all those lovely curls......
She is coming along nicely I think!  I had such fun swirling around in that "mop" that sits atop that sweet little face and of course it will eventually cascade down on either side.  I spent some time on the nose and muzzle area....blocking in some color.  Animal noses can be tricky....getting that texture and the play between dark and light.  Rylie's nose is a little different in that due to the angle the photo was taken, there is a bright reflection on the bottom side of each nostril opening....not something you usually see....but that is just another chance to learn and grow as an artist.

2 comments:

Donna K said...

That's looking really good. Sounds like you're having fun with it too. That is a really sweet face.

Unknown said...

Hi Debbie, I enjoy following the progress of your paintings very much. I'm forwarding the Awesome Blog Award to you, http://gbkoru.blogspot.com/2011/02/awesome-blog-award.html
Hugs, Gunilla