Friday, April 8, 2011

Zoo Day

I went to the Zoo on Wednesday and OH, what a day I had there.  Billy dropped me off around 9am.  I was loaded....had both my lenses, my camera, my monopod, my umbrella, and water and a snack.  It was an overcast day, which made it nice temp wise.  It did sprinkle a couple of times, but I had my trusty umbrella so I was good.  I really took my time and got some great shots....around 500 photos.  By the time I left I was really tired....I think it was around 3pm when I decided to call it a day.  I certainly can't post all 500 photos, but here are a few of my favorites.
 I was actually shooting the flowers when this little guy magically appeared in my view finder.....how cool is that!!
 Bobcat
 Jaguar
 Cheetah
 Look at all those teeth!
It was around 3pm when I went back home and there was not a part of my body that didn't kinda of ache.  Just not used to all that walking....especially with a backpack.  It was so worth it though and I do plan to go back.  So much to learn about the camera.....keep in mind that all these shots, with the exception of the hummer, were taken either through glass or a cage. 

1 comment:

Donna K said...

Those are really beautiful pictures. That hummer showing up at just the right time was certainly serendipitous. Show us some more!!