Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pelican and the Old Truck

Spent the day at my easel yesterday.  Did a little work on both the paintings.  It probably doesn't look like I made a lot of progress on either one, but I work slowly.  I have always been that way....I take a lot of time with each little section.  I play with value, color, and texture until I feel what is happening at the end of my brush agrees with what I see in my mind's eye. 
I'm focusing on the head area here on the pelican...slowly building up the color and texture.  I tend to work in 2 hour blocks and then it is time to stretch...to walk the furballs, or to dance.....yes, I like to "be bop" around the fiver.  It re-energizes me and clears the mind.  I know hubby sometimes thinks I'm a little nuts, but he is used to it and pretty much ignores me now...LOL!
And here is the Old Truck....more rocks and touches of green and some scrub brush coming to life.  I have decided to make this a spring time scene.  You can click on both photos for a larger view.

2 comments:

Donna McNicol said...

Love, love, LOVE the old truck!!!

Theresa said...

Amazing artwork! I love what I have seen on your blog. Thanks for your comment to me on Creating the hive that is how I found you! Have a great weekend!~Theresa