Friday, February 19, 2010

Kitchen BackSplash Project

Well, the rain has forced me to start a somewhat smaller painting project. I was just itch-in to paint something so I decided to do a faux backsplash of brick in my little rv kitchen. Yesterday was spent removing the wallpaper border put on by the manufacturer of the fifth wheel. I hate wallpaper! As usual the paper comes of fairly easily, but leaves behind most of the glue. I had to use goo gone to soften the glue and than scrap with a putty knife. That process had to be repeated several times and then finally rinsed the wall with vinegar and than water. It took most of the day, but I finally got all the glue off and applied the one coat of Kilz for the primer. Today I paint and I will take photos for tomorrow's blog.....til then

No comments: