Saturday, January 10, 2009

Wow, two post in one day! This is Sadie. The top photo is the one I am working from for the portrait. I started this portrait a while back, but life and tendinitis made me put it aside for awhile. As you can see from the next photo, I have a ways to go. I'm working with Atelier Interactive acrylics for the first time. The surface is a portrait grade, 9x12 canvas. I already see a few corrections. The roll of fat in front of the eyes seems to have gained a bit more weight, especially around the eye area. I'll need to pare that down a bit. I also think my blacks are a little to intense, so I'll work on an adjustment there. The
lighting in the original photo is a little harsh. I will have to play with that a bit.

I'm not sure about the background color as of yet. I'm leaning toward the greenish-brown in the photo, but I sure like that "pop" of coral in the foreground. I just don't want that color to overtake the portrait.

Still waiting for some supplies to start work on my window treatment project. So many projects, so little time! I tend to jump around on projects. Keeps life interesting, if not a little confusing............but that's me

No comments: