Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jan 10, 2009

What a day! It was very frustrating! I worked on my "Sadie" portrait for most of the afternoon and have nothing to show for it. It was just one of those days----I just could not find my "happy place". No matter what I did the brush stokes were just all wrong. Finally I took the gesso and painted out the days work. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be in a better place and get something accomplished!

One thing I will touch on today is my "life" transition. I went from having a studio and a 1000 sq feet of workspace to an rv with less than 400 sq feet. I do miss that. The peace and quiet of my studio. Not having to "clean up" before quitting for the day. Having everything at my fingertips and that glorious feeling of "spreading out"--strewing my creative juices everywhere. Now, I'm forced to be organized, forced to work in a small area surrounded by my love ones, forced to clean up my mess every night. Maybe that's why I can't find my "happy place"---I'm in a period of adjustment........still trying to find what works best in my small space......still adapting to all the changes I have made in my life. If I had it to do over, would I give up my studio and move into an rv----you bet ya! I don't have to worry about paying the rent or meeting deadlines or marketing. I don't have to worry about shoveling snow or salting sidewalks. I'm finally able to travel---to see what I have never seen before and experience what I have never experienced before---I get to do it on my terms and my time table---best of all I get to do it with my soulmate and the two other loves of my life, my furbabies! I know I will eventually figure it all out. There will always be those days of frustration, but I'm learning to look beyond that and see all the blessings in my life.............and they are many

No comments: