Monday, January 19, 2009

Jan 18, 2009

Here is the Sadie girl once again. I have finally progressed down to her chin area and got a quick wash of color on her lower body. I have decided to use the greenish brown as the background color, but I'm not sure when I will establish that at this point. Every time I sit in front of the portrait, I find some correction that needs to be made and then I get so involved in the dog that I never get to the background. LOL! I have been posting in Wet Canvas and have gotten some good input. Many actually like the lighting in the original photo. I'm thinking I may just paint it as is and not try to soften any of the shadows. I wish I were further along on this, but I'm afraid I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I sometimes agonize over every little hair!

No comments: