Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Self Discovery and Creative Bliss

"To be an artist it is not necessary to make a living from our creations.  Nor is it necessary to have work hanging in fine museums or the praise of critics....To be an artist it is necessary to live with our eyes wide open, to breathe in the colors of mountain and sky, to know the sound of leaves rustling, the smell of snow, the texture of bark....To be an artist is to notice every beautiful and tragic thing, to cry freely, to collect experience and shape it into forms that others can share"  Jan Phillips


I found this quote in a new book I'm reading and loving...."The Creative Photographer" by Catherine Anderson.  It is truly life changing and I intend to embrace it with all my being.  I'm giving myself permission to explore, to taste, to experience, to listen....eyes wide open....

I have a project brewing in my head.....it is still developing, still unfolding....but definitely on it's way....
This photo I took at the Tampa Zoo is my inspiration......



1 comment:

Tina Burke said...

Hi Debbie! Wanted to stop by after your reading your introduction on the Soul Business page - it's great to meet another wildlife artist, and to top it off you're living the dream that my husband and I have! :) We would love to have a "mobile studio" one day, even just for a few months would be wonderful. Lovely to discover your beautiful work and lifestyle. I'm inspired!

See you in the classroom! :)
Tina Burke