Sunday, October 16, 2011

Leopard Part 2

I have to admit that I am struggling with my Leopard painting.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but things are not where I want them to be...
I know I don't have enough variation of color in the fur....right now I'm just getting texture and direction using white.  Once I'm satisfied with that I will add washes of color over the white to add depth and color.  The bridge of the nose.....wow....frustration to the max at this point.  It is too dark and needs transparency.  I think I have redone it at least 10 times....pulling my hair out in the process....LOL!  I feel I'm just pushing to hard on this one.  Feeling the pressure of trying to accomplish a top notch painting while watching the calendar.  We will be heading south soon and I wanted to have this guy finished before we left.  I am also entering a juried art show...they will accept 3 paintings...I have two ready to go and wanted to have this for number three.  They have to be digitally submitted by Nov 1.  In the end, I seemed to be just spinning my wheels.  I think I need to take a break....and STOP watching that calender....IT TAKES WHAT IT TAKES... I need to be satisfied with two paintings and stop making myself so nuts..."sigh"
This will be my first try at a "juried" art show....I'll admit I'm a bit nervous.  Which is probably why I'm trying too hard and worrying too much and looking for an excuse to NOT do it.  So, I'm taking a big breath and gonna relax and just let it happen.....

No comments: