Friday, July 15, 2011

So..did ya know I sew!

I know many of you are wondering where I have gotten off to.....once again.  Well, first there was the whole fourth of July event.  Now, I like fireworks just as well as the next guy.....But my poor furballs were beside themselves for most of the entire weekend.  It got so bad that taking them out to do their "business" became a battle of wills.  Finally got through that and my son calls.  He was going out of town the upcoming weekend and was hoping I could babysit the "grand dog".  How could I say no to a face like this.......
Those big blue eyes get me everytime!
Since I was going to be there the entire weekend I decided I might as well get started on a little sewing project.  I have two parson's chair that need to be reupholstered.  Found some great fabric......
and set up my sewing station in my son's spare bedroom.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a far as I would have liked.  Mesha definitely had her own ideas as to how we would be spending the weekend.....LOL!
Here is a before and after shot.....I have yet to add a little skirt and the seat....
That is about as far as I got.....this past week has just been busy with housekeeping chores, running errands, and taking care of my own furballs.  Sometimes "life" just gets you going in another direction and it is hard to put on the breaks and make that "u-turn".  Today I made a promise to myself to get back to my easel.  My giraffe painting is patiently waiting for my return.  The chairs will have to wait......as I just feel the need to paint! 



No comments: