Friday, December 3, 2010

Pretty In Pink

Living in a fifth wheel, I figured my days of putting up a Christmas tree were probably over....not to mention the fact, that I used to own a small gift shop and I put up several trees each year.  Just figured I was over it.....if you know what I mean....well....guess NOT.....
Here she is and isn't she "Pretty In Pink".  I love pink and I just had to have her.  She is a little tall (4 feet), but she is skinny!  I found the perfect place for her....on top of my little art cart.  My Christmas present to me......
I'm also very proud of myself.....I made a "grab it button" for my blog.  Probably doesn't sound like much to those of you who are computer savvy, but for me it was a huge accomplishment.  I simply 'googled' how to make a button for blogger and up came this great tutorial.  You can find the tutorial here.  
I'm currently working on creating my first miniature painting (3 1/2 by 2 1/2).  I can't share a photo, yet....it is a gift for someone.  It is a bit challenging, my eyes (just like the rest of me) ain't what they used to be.  Still....I enjoy a challenge and it is looking good so far.  I imagine if I decide to continue doing miniatures I will eventually have to invest in a good magnifying glass.  If you all have any suggestions on what works well for you.....let me know....I would appreciate it.

No comments: