Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Back to the Old Truck

You may or may not remember, I started working on a painting with an old truck and jack rabbit....nice desert scene. 
This is being done on an 11 by 14 Gessoboard with Acrylics.  I have to admit it has been awhile since I have painted anything but animals.  The truck is providing some new challenges with it's rusty and fading paint and the broken glass.....but I love it.  It is great fun experimenting with what works and doesn't work, plus the texture requires a much looser style of painting then what I usually do.  There is also a multitude of straight lines and peculiar angles that must be held true...where as animals mainly contain soft curves and flowing lines.  Thank goodness for Deco Art Traditions acrylic paint....they are very forgiving as you can take a little water and a scrubby brush and lift off what you don't like...most of the time.  I have had to do that a few times, but I have also had several "happy accidents" during the painting process.  Those make me smile!

No comments: