Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Braveheart Sketch

Here is my sketch of little Braveheart.  This is how I want to remember this little guy...safely nestled among the leaves....dreaming of....well, dreaming whatever happy little squirrels dream.  He was such a sweet little boy.  I did spend most of the day painting yesterday.  I have to say I really lost myself in painting and enjoyed watching this little fellow slowly coming to life.  The leaves are a struggle....leaves are a personal demon of mine.  I just seem to struggle so....but I'm trying to take deep breaths and when the struggle gets overwhelming I take a break and that does help.  Fresh eyes....ya know.  My goal is not to let the details of the leaves overpower little Braveheart.  I want some to be sharply in focus, but others to be more abstract in nature.  I will share some more photos next time....till then, enjoy the day

No comments: