Saturday, March 13, 2010

Bedroom Mural Two

Ok, here is step one.  I have the bed and the top platform moved back out of my way.  Now I must prep the wall.  What you are seeing is typical wall board used in trailers.  I washed everything down and now I am applying a coat of Kilz.  Once this dries, I apply two coats of my basecoat paint......which is nothing more then regular wall paint in a robin's egg blue. color.
This is the first coat of glaze.  I applied various washes of blue, green, yellow, and brown.  While the glaze is still wet I applied saran wrap.....remove the wrap and then soften the remaining texture with large, soft dry brush.  I then go back and very loosely add some foilage.....again softening with  a soft dry brush.

I know it does not look like much.....yet.....but I am pleased and tomorrow I will start sketching in some of the middle and foreground areas.

No comments: