Monday, January 11, 2010

Here is a photo of the lovebird painting I did for my cousin's open house. This is done on Gessoboard and I used Traditions Acrylic. This is my first time painting on Gessoboard and I LOVED it. The smooth surface makes putting in all the details a breeze. I just really like how it felt under my brush too. Traditions is a new line of high pigment, professional paints brought to the market my DecoArt. I have done a lot of decorative painting over the years and DecoArt was always my paint of choice. So, I was interested to see how the Traditions were different. You can look up all the tech-no stuff on the web.....I'm just here to tell you that I liked working with them. My favorite thing is the ability to 'lift' the color once it dries. You can also seal each layer as you go, once you are happy with it. If you have not guessed, that is how I work... lots and lots of layers.

That's about it for today.....we are moving today. Moving our fifth wheel to a new location, my Uncle's marina here in the Tampa area. We have an on demand hot water system that seems to be on the fritz! We need to get that fixed before we head over to New Orleans.

No comments: