Sunday, January 10, 2010

Doubts

Here is the copyright free photo I'm working from for my flamingo painting. I'm afraid I have not gotten very far on the painting. In fact, I finally had to set it aside. You know sometimes you just get to a point where nothing is working and that is where I was at with this painting. Just when I had convinced myself that I would never paint again....a new project presented itself. My Aunt and Uncle's youngest son bought a home and I was invited to the Open House. I decided I would do a painting for my cousin and his girlfriend. The painting is of two love birds and I will share a photo in my next post.

In the beginning, the painting did not go well and once again I was sure I had lost whatever artistic talent I once possessed. My husband was doing his best to reassure me and reminded me of how long it had been since I picked up a paintbrush......a good 6 to 7 months. BUT, painting is like riding a bike.....you never forget....right? The next morning.....I began again....and this time the my creativity flowed easily from by brush. What had changed? I have not a clue. All I know is... I'm back.....the artist is again at her easel and happy. I finished the painting yesterday and I could not be happier. Oh, it is not perfect. There is always room for improvement, but it is what it is and I'm happy with it. I'm looking forward to giving it to my cousin and hopefully he too will find a smile on his face as he gazes upon it! After all, that is my biggest reward.....when another finds my work pleasing....

I can't wait to get back at my easel and back to that flamingo painting......I am more determined than ever and with a renewed sense of my artistic self......

No comments: