Monday, April 20, 2009

Up to Nothing

Well, I'm afraid I don't have any new art projects to post at this point. We are currently in travel mode, which means we are moving from place to place a little to quickly for me to really get anything accomplished. Just to much sight seeing to do and meeting new folks.

I did make a decision on the slipcovers---they are just not going to work. I'm not happy with the way they look and I made a bad choice of the fabric. It just didn't stand up well to puppy toe nails. Not to worry, it can be salvaged and used in another project.

I think we are going to be looking into replacing the recliners and possibly the love seat when we get home. Not that they need to be replaced, they still look great and the recliners are mighty comfortable; but we think we might find something we like better. We are thinking of replacing the sofa with another recliner and just keeping the sofa's air bed for overnight guest. I would get much more use from a third recliner and end table then the current sofa. The current recliners are really over sized and I think if we can find something smaller that is still comfortable--we would be happier.

1 comment:

Jan Mader said...

I'm a children's writer and dog/animal lover. I haven't felt much like writing this week, but I've been blog walking.

Please stop by for a visit sometime.

In addition to the blog I'm commenting from, I have a writer's blog at http://ignitetowrite.blogspot.com