Friday, February 20, 2009

This is the next stage of my painting. I first painted in a mottled back ground using a wet into wet technique. By the way, in case I forgot to mention it, this is acrylic on canvas. I spray the canvas with a fine mist of water to slow the drying time and use broad stokes in an "x" motion. I usually repeat this process at least 2 to 3 times until I'm happy. I like to let the background dry overnight before applying the sketch. I almost always do my sketches on tracing paper and than apply them with a good quality transfer paper. By doing my sketch on tracing paper, I can
always overlay the pattern on the painting. This is especially helpful when things start to "grow" and need to be pared back.
I have begun to work on one of the blossoms and a couple of leaves. At this point, it is kinda trial and error method. I apply soft washes of color and build up the layers. Questions, comments always welcome

No comments: